Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Yavarum nalam, 15E on April 04, 2009


Thanks to my company’s cost-cutting policy of not working on Saturdays, I decided to go for a noon show after very looong time. So I called ramak, my long-time partner when it comes to movie watching. Undoubtedly, I have watched majority of the movies with him.

Initially we decided on Arundhathi (AD) but later changed to Yavarum nalam (YN). Reason being, we felt that Rs.120 for ticket is too much for a dubbed movie and we don’t want to take any chance. Hence we started for sathyam hoping that we would get the tickets for YN.

We reached sathyam by 12.15 types and were about to park our vehicle when I heard a voice from back yelling “Daari”. I sensed an excitement in that voice. I turned back and it was Mowgli!! He has apparently come for the same movie all alone and on seeing me he got excited I guess. However he had a pre-booked ticket so we had to rush for the counter. But to our dismay, it was houseful. So we decided to try our luck on last minute cancellations. Luckily, I saw a group of youngsters having a bunch of tickets and I enquired whether anything extra is available for YN. They responded yes and immediately we paid for two tickets and waited for them to sort out their internal seat sharing arrangement and give us two tickets out of the bunch. In the meanwhile, mowgli joined us and checked on our status. They atlast arrived at some consensus and gave us ticket no.s 16E & 17E – Mowgli checked his ticket and screamed its 15E!!!

I am a person who seriously think that if something has to happen, it has to happen. But it took some time for me to digest this coincidence...

2 comments:

Sharath Narayan said...

Who is Mowgli?

Cheers
S

Daari said...

he is my good friend from college / ca foundation days..